MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

tried and test HDV into m100 HD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paultried and test HDV into m100 HD
by on Jan 28, 2006 at 6:49:08 pm

Hi guys

we got a HD connect in the post on thursday
We have tried it with both cameras (720p and 1080i) going in m100 HD 10.3 converting HDV-HDSDI with TC and VTR control

It works!

If your using HDV get one!

Paul

Return to posts index

Bobby MosaediRe: tried and test HDV into m100 HD
by on Jan 28, 2006 at 11:37:48 pm

was it the HD connect or the HD connect LE? and how did it handle the firewire to RS422 translation? i have had an awful time trying to get their SD connect to work.

Return to posts index

paulRe: tried and test HDV into m100 HD
by on Jan 29, 2006 at 3:12:56 am

HD connect LE

It won't do batch encoding , seems to have a problem with the i frame and when there is tc breaks.I also had a problem, the sd connect box has a costmetic bug in the software ( 1394 to 422 ) has to be set the other way for it to work. The text is set wrong on the box.
SD worked as format convertor but not batch either

Return to posts index

Bobby MosaediRe: tried and test HDV into m100 HD
by on Feb 2, 2006 at 9:07:10 pm

paull. do you have a betacam SP deck hooked up to your sd connect? i am having trouble having media100 hd recognize "legal" timecode from the box. i can control via RS422 and firewire, but it wont let me acquire because its saying it is recieving illegal timecode. i cannot digitie manually either.

also, does the hd connect le allow you to master back to tape? what kind of deck/camera setup do you have? we own a jvc hd-100u but have no way to get hd footage into media 100, not even through final cut because 24p is not supported yet...

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: tried and test HDV into m100 HD
by on Jan 29, 2006 at 6:09:56 pm

Bloody hell. I have been waiting for my box since June - and it's paid for!! Where are you in our great universe, I'm in the UK?

Return to posts index

paulRe: tried and test HDV into m100 HD
by on Jan 30, 2006 at 11:45:16 pm

you gotta now the right people! Im pretty close to you

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: tried and test HDV into m100 HD
by on Jan 31, 2006 at 11:44:23 am

Paul, you lucky b.....er, I DO know most of the right people and surely the boss of the manufacturer must be among them! I can't mention companies here but one of the main distributers has only just finalised the testing with adjusted software so how did you get your box? If you want to mail me 'off forum' I would appreciate it, michael.slowe@btinternet.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]