MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

What are the best settings for exporting progs from M100 to then be compressed to M-Peg 2?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AlexWhat are the best settings for exporting progs from M100 to then be compressed to M-Peg 2?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:12:45 am

I am compressing some files from a M100HD suite onto DVD to be Authored using DVDSP 3.

I've already tried doing this by exporting to Quicktime using M100's Video compressor but results have been ok, not great - namely colour gradients are coming out 'stepped' on the QT file.

I'm exporting the files from one machine and compressing them, through Compressor, on another so I'm not using the By-Ref settings at this stage.

I'm just trying to save myself a lot of trial and error with the files so if anyone knows the answer I'd be very grateful.

Alex.

Media 100HD PAL system

Return to posts index

FlohRe: What are the best settings for exporting progs from M100 to then be compressed to M-Peg 2?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:23:39 am

The best way is to export as "self contained", since you won

Return to posts index

AlexRe: What are the best settings for exporting progs from M100 to then be compressed to M-Peg 2?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:33:51 am

Thanks for info

I've been trying to avoid having to buy Bit-Vice by changing brightness and contrast settings on Compressor - not perfect but not too bad.

I did export self-contained movies but you still have a choice of compressors - do I just set this to 'none' ? Won't I end up with massive files?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: What are the best settings for exporting progs from M100 to then be compressed to M-Peg 2?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:41:05 am

[Alex] "I did export self-contained movies but you still have a choice of compressors - do I just set this to 'none' ? Won't I end up with massive files?"

If you export as self contained you cannot choose a compressor. As I said Media 100 HD will then only copy the parts from the original source files. It is like a by-reference export with included media. Only if you export as "other"->Quicktime Movie you will have the option to choose a codec.

Return to posts index

AlexRe: What are the best settings for exporting progs from M100 to then be compressed to M-Peg 2?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 10:45:55 am

Ok, thanks.

I'm not infront of the M100 right now and trying to recall the menu structure from memory.

Thanks for your help

Alex.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]