MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Why would any owner fo a Media 100 i system sell it and change it for a FCO or Avid Express?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EmmanuelWhy would any owner fo a Media 100 i system sell it and change it for a FCO or Avid Express?
by on Jan 24, 2006 at 9:54:06 pm

I m a proud owner of a media100 system. The Media 100 i Xs version 8.2.1. I m runnig on 550Hz G4. But latelly due to the news as Media !00 been acquired by Boris and mac changing their hardware, how wise would it be to stick to my beloved media100 that has served me for so many years. Logically nowadays reselling my system, card and hardware included will give me back only 15 to 20% of the whole investement. And trying to buy a 10,000 or more HD media 100 is still far away in my possibilities....

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Why would any owner fo a Media 100 i system sell it and change it for a FCO or Avid Express?
by on Jan 24, 2006 at 10:06:54 pm

The question is what you need, and how quick you do need that. I think Boris has some plans for Media 100, and I would not be too surprised to hear some news from them soon. So if you have some time, I would suggest waiting till NAB to see what they will come up with.
Right now Media 100 sw could be a good addition to your workflow. Although it has no video I/O right now it is a good editing platform with many features, and on a newer computer it is quite fast. Maybe you should download the trial version from borisfx.com.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]