MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Farewell Steve

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john
Farewell Steve
by
on Jan 11, 2006 at 9:18:44 pm

It seems Steve Bayes has departed M100 for a position with Apple Computer. Even though Steve and I havent always seen eye to eye, Steve was always keen to push Media 100 and its users whenever he could. I for one wish him well in 2006.

john buck

more

http://velocite.blogomat.com/

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
Re: Farewell Steve
on Jan 11, 2006 at 11:47:38 pm

If this is true I'm sorry to hear it, but I wish the best to Steve.

Return to posts index

Bobby Mosaedi
on Jan 12, 2006 at 4:13:27 am

wow.

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Jan 12, 2006 at 12:00:33 pm

It's funny though - Steve Bayes moves over to Final Cut Pro just as we all are ! ;-)

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 12, 2006 at 3:42:45 pm

To whom do we now address any urgent Media 100 queries? Could someone from Media 100 please post a reply - if they are watching that is.

I for one am NOT proposing to follow Steve to FCP thank you, Media 100 is too good to leave!

Return to posts index

Anne Renehan
on Jan 12, 2006 at 4:26:45 pm

It depends what you mean by urgent queries. We do continue to monitor this forum. You can also contact the Media 100 Sales & Customer Service Administration Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. They can be reached at 800-922-3220 or email them at customerservice@media100.com. Sales questions should be directed to .

Rob Newman is the product manager; I handle press inquiries .
Thanks,
Anne

Return to posts index

john
by
on Jan 12, 2006 at 9:44:21 pm

Hi Anne

In the distant past Media 100 operated with a Customer Advocate, somebody to link the needs and wants of the users with the team at M100. Over time, as Marianne and Scott and others left this became the role of the Product Manager - and Floh Peters as the unpaid advocate!. We all welcome Rob Newman aboard and wish him the best, Additionally perhaps BorisFx could give thought to the CA position?

john

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 15, 2006 at 11:57:06 am

Anne, my point is well taken up by John in the next post. Film makers (and editors) are funny people, they need comforting when they are down! They need to be able to speak (correspond) with like minds and need to get information and assistance not likely to come from press or PR people, with all due respect to you.
Example, recently I upgraded to version 10 HD and desperately needed a full printed and bound manual, similar to the ones we were provided with in all our previous big up grades. I know it is available as a pdf but I needed it in my hands. Steve had some printed and I am now a happy and comforted bunny. Here in the UK we are luckily used to being looked after like this, I gather that US business practice is rather different.

Return to posts index

Anne Renehan
on Jan 16, 2006 at 4:53:46 pm

Boris FX is a smaller company than Media 100 was in its heyday. Most of us wear more than one hat. So don't worry. Even if we don't have someone who's official title is "Customer Advocate," we have a team of people who act as customer advocates.

If it makes you feel better, I was an editor at PBS for six years and continue to edit on a freelance basis. I am also a former Avid trainer and am in the process of completing my first Final Cut Pro project (a feature-length documentary). My background is not unique; many Boris FX/Media 100 employees have strong editing or compositing backgrounds. While I was very sorry to see Steve go (we've worked together since Avid) and recognize his many contributions, I think you will find that we still have an effective team in place.
Anne

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 17, 2006 at 2:57:56 pm

Thanks Anne, I feel better already!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]