MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Will I have problems with Media 100 ixs if computer is also connected to Interrnet?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katrina SpeightWill I have problems with Media 100 ixs if computer is also connected to Interrnet?
by on Jan 11, 2006 at 6:40:17 pm

I have heard there are problems using the same computer to run Media 100 & Internet on same computer. If this is true , what problems will I have ...Thanks Again

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Will I have problems with Media 100 ixs if computer is also connected to Interrnet?
by on Jan 11, 2006 at 7:46:09 pm

I don't know about OS9, or indeed about using a dial-up modem, but under OSX, with the machine connecting to the Internet through the ethernet connection, I have never experienced any problems. In fact OSX really works best on a connected machine as software updates etc come down automatically.

Under OSX you can have things like e-mail, and web browsers open in the background. You can even browse etc whilst Media 100 is rendering or exporting in the background(something I believe you couldn't do before). The only thing Media 100 can't do is digitise in the background - as soon as you switch applications, media 100 stops.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]