MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

some problems after Tiger update

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicklprod
some problems after Tiger update
on Jan 10, 2006 at 9:07:36 pm

Hi. Since most peole have reported no problems running their Media100 under Tiger. I also made the jump. I can open the Media100 ap fine, and I can open previously created bins, but whenever I open an old program I get a message stating "Could not complete the "open" command because you do not have the necessary access privileges."

I have changed "ownership" of the file in the finder but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

I'm running 8.2.2 on a dual 1 Ghz G4.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.1
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Nicklprod
Re: some problems after Tiger update
on Jan 10, 2006 at 11:09:39 pm

I should have also mentioned that I created a new user as part of the upgrade, but I believe I've transferred the proper files into the new user folder.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.1
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jan 10, 2006 at 11:20:08 pm

The folders you

Return to posts index

Nicklprod
on Jan 11, 2006 at 12:47:52 am

Thanks Floh. That did the trick. Will you be around the Media 100 booth at NAB? I'd like to thank you in person sometime for all of the help you give out on the Cow.

Return to posts index

todd mcmullen
on Jan 11, 2006 at 2:29:55 pm

Interesting. I was thinking of making the upgrade to Tiger as well.
Could you please outline the workflow of transferring a project?

thanks,

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
Cinematography Forum Leader

Return to posts index

Nickel
on Jan 12, 2006 at 12:09:07 am

Hi. Basically, I went to each project folder and Media 100 folder (prefs, etc.) and changed the ownership. You can do this by opening the "get info" window, at the bottom of the window expand the "Ownership and Permission" tab, expand the "details" tab and change the ownership to the correct user. Be sure to make use of the "apply to enclosed items" button at the bottom - this seems to make the changes to all items in the folder.

You could possibly try this approach on the entire hard drive - I didn't know if this would have unwanted results so I did not.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.2
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jan 12, 2006 at 12:18:07 am

[Nickel] "Basically, I went to each project folder and Media 100 folder (prefs, etc.) and changed the ownership."

Todd, just remember that this has nothing to do with upgrading your OS, this is only important if you copy preference or document folders from one user to another under OSX. All pref files and folders are "owned" by the user that created them, and if you copy them from one ~/Library/preferences folder to another you also have to change the ownership.

Return to posts index

todd mcmullen
on Jan 12, 2006 at 2:37:29 pm

Thanks for the info.

Todd McMullen
Flip Flop Films
Austin
Cinematography Forum Leader

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved