MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

dual LCD vs. CRT

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Robbinsdual LCD vs. CRT
by on Jan 9, 2006 at 5:51:43 pm

I'm wanting to upgrade the monitors on my new G5 editing system with Media 100i. The dilemma I'm facing is whether to purchase LCD or CRT. I'm wanting to buy 21" LCDs but I have concerns regarding the native resolution as I like to have the icons and software interface large and clear when I'm working with the application. Is there another way on the Mac to make the interface large and clear without changing the resolution? The native resolution on most LCDs is very high, thereby making everything on the desktop really small and unreadable.

What LCDs have some of you used or should I just stay with the good ole CRTs?

Thank you
Bruce Robbins
G5 Dual Processor 4 GB RAM
Media 100i

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmondRe: dual LCD vs. CRT
by on Jan 9, 2006 at 11:13:35 pm

I would definitely go with the LCD -- it costs more but it's lighter, saves space, uses less energy, etc.

There is a compromise way to do what you want. Go to System Preferences and click on Universal Access. Where it says Zoom, click "on." Now, you can press the Command-Option = or Command-Option - keys to increase or decrease what you're seeing instantly. There is an option button in the Zoom feature that lets you control how much to zoom in or out.

For icons in the Finder, you can always use View options (Command J) to change those default sizes.

One word of caution: a 21-inch monitor may be too small if you're using the Zoom feature a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved