M100 SW

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mhh
M100 SW
by
on Dec 31, 2005 at 12:26:35 pm

Have got M100 7 on a 866 G4 os 9.
Will one of the latest macs and the M100 SW give me similar or better performance than what I have now?
(Real time capabilities and rendering speeds)

Happy New Year to all.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: M100 SW
by
on Dec 31, 2005 at 2:50:02 pm

[mhh] "Will one of the latest macs and the M100 SW give me similar or better performance than what I have now? "

It will give you MUCH better realtime performance. In Media 100 i your realtime capabilities are limited to ColorFX, Audio Effects, Transitions and static graphic overlays, and all those are done on the P6000 board. In Media 100 i and HD all this is moved to the CPU, and much more can be done this way. Additionally to the Media 100 i realtime effects you also get realtime overlays with or without alpha channel on the V1-V99 tracks (realtime video, e.g. with a chroma keyer and opacity keyframes); additional realtime ColorFX (RGB Curves and Levels), realtime mixing of codecs (Media 100 i 720 and 640, DV, Animation, Media 100 HD all in realtime in the same timeline) and some more. Plus, the rendering of non-realtime FX like Boris transitions are not using the hardware codec anymore. In Media 100 i all video had to go through the hardware codec, which became a big bottleneck for render performance. Now if you render something in e.g. BorisRed in the Media 100 sw or HD timeline the rendering will be MUCH quicker.

If you have a current CPU (DualG4 or G5) you should download the sw Trial version (at the bottom of the page) and try it out for yourself. The performance difference is dramatic.

Return to posts index

mhh
Re: M100 SW
by
on Jan 1, 2006 at 4:24:48 pm

Thank you
Have yet to buy the Mac.
Duel, Quad or wait a few weeks?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]