MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 HD PCIe

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MarcMedia 100 HD PCIe
by on Dec 22, 2005 at 2:31:29 pm

Good morning all,

I've been asked by my boss to look into various HD upgrade paths and submit a series of "scenarios". My question to the forum members is this; what, do you all think, are the odds we'll ever see a PCIe Media 100 HD boardset ?

I've been working on a Media 100i for 5 years now and just love the interface and the stability. Not one problem in 5 years.

So, do you think it's worth waiting a while to see if media 100 brings out a PCIe M100HD board, which stuffed in a Quad 2.5 G5 would probably sing, or do you feel the technical hurdles involved in such a conversion will prevent it from ever happening.

As always, thanks for your insights,

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 HD PCIe
by on Dec 22, 2005 at 2:35:41 pm

Hey Marc,

I think Boris bought Media 100 for a reason, and I think he wants to continue the product. And since Apple uses PCIe in their newest systems I believe that Media 100/Boris will work on something in this area, too. I don

Return to posts index

MarcRe: Media 100 HD PCIe
by on Dec 22, 2005 at 2:50:20 pm

Thanks for your input Floh, even though I find the Boris / Optibase (software/hardware) arrangement a little disconcerting, I also have a feeling if Boris wants to continue the Media 100 line, they will eventually have to offer some kind of PCIe solution. Getting a similar opinion from you just convinces me to definitely wait at least until NAB to see if something materializes.

Return to posts index

tPixRe: Media 100 HD PCIe
by on Dec 27, 2005 at 2:50:02 pm

I was very glad to hear of Boris' acquisition of M100. They are a solid software company and on all fronts that is where M100 is weakest.

I am skeptical that Optibase will develop any new hardware products for M100.

I know of three other editors in my area with 7.5 or below M100i machines. NONE of us are upgrading until the OMF is included or is a reasonable price. Boris, you need to buy the omf option from diaquest, or develop your own. You have thousands and thousands of customers with M100i machines...and the software is a dead end!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved