MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100sw Should importing FCP clips take forever ?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe garvin
M100sw Should importing FCP clips take forever ?
on Dec 10, 2005 at 3:43:32 pm

Two problems
first I can not get my Trial version of m100sw to load on my laptop I at first I did not get the access code from boris ( but a nice e-mail solved that aspect ) Now I can not get the program to load on my computer. I keep getting an application failed to launched due to a "shared media library problem" message
G4 laptop w/1gb of ram with os 10.3.5

I wanted to try the new version since I never had time to play with the beta version.
but I still had the beta version in a folder and found it was able to load and open with the beta version of m100sw

second problem
I used FCP to capture video files to a fire wire drive .
When I opened m100sw and tried to import a 40 minute clip my G4 told me that it would take almost 5 hours to render video the video files
I this the correct amount of time I thought that the video file should be drop and drag or import by reference from the original clip on the firewire drive.

I hope this is not how sw works.... if so without capture ability this program is useless

Is there a way to create digitized files which do not take as long to import . I was hopeing to free up my real M100 so that I could work on two projects at once

Thanks Joe

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: M100sw Should importing FCP clips take forever ?
by
on Dec 10, 2005 at 6:34:26 pm

[joe garvin] " I keep getting an application failed to launched due to a "shared media library problem" message"

I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]