MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

who is to blame here?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Mosaediwho is to blame here?
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 8:25:35 pm

i have purchased an SD connect box from convergent design. i use it to connect my beta, DV, and VHS / DVD decks to. the beta goes in RS422, the DV deck goes in DV. all gets converted to SD-SDI and AES. the problem im havin is that the pass through on the RS-422 does not work with beta deck control. the TC #'s are off b about 5 seconds. evn with the numbers being inaccurate, M100 HD will not let me digitize because it says "unable to acquire using the NTSC video standard. recieving non-NTSC time code from the VTR. "

when i connect the deck directly to the m100 / computer. the numb ers match up fine. so im led to believe there is conflict in the pass-thru of the SD-connect box and the M100HD.

the other problem is that this works fine under final cut pro and premiere pro. the SD-connect also has a built in LCD displaying the TC it is recieving from the deck. the TC on the deck and the SD connect DO match, but the Media 100 HD is about 5 seconds advanced. i HATE how it just doesn't work with media 100 because media100 isnt a respected NLE anymore to where they can make an easy setup for it. its all about final cut these days i guess. how the hell else am i supposed to digitize HDV, DV, or S-video. or composite without patching a million cables? i will start taking offers on my m100HD pretty soon, so if anyone wants one, heres your chance. i will never EVER buy another media100 again.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: who is to blame here?
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 9:42:56 pm

Bobby,

if the deck control works fine when connecting it directly to your Beta deck and if it works fine for DV using the Convergent Box, why don

Return to posts index

Bobby MosaediRe: who is to blame here?
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 10:00:51 pm

no, it does not work fine when connected to DV, and i do have an extra cable. the problem is media 100. there is something its not liking / accepting. its a very expensive box. and it works beautifuly, even auto swtiches when i go back and forth between digitize and program mode in m100HD. the guys at convergent design are trying very hard to get their hands on a media100HD, but of course nobody has one. they are based out of colorado springs. is there anyone who has a Media100 HD in the colorado springs area? i suggested to them to download the media100sw demo, but i saw there is no option for timecodem100HD under device control. only firewire. why cant media100 just get with the program? FCP, AvidXpress, Vegas, Premiere Pro these all work flawlessly, and i was told there is no specific programming for each NLE, it just passes the 422 signal right thru.

Return to posts index

Arthur DentRe: who is to blame here?
by on Dec 9, 2005 at 1:53:56 am

how can it be just and RS-422 pass through only if it's also allowing machine control for DV through the box by way of 422? If they claim you can control your FW dv deck via rs-422 when that box conected to your nle, it's more than a simple pass through...

Return to posts index

FlohRe: who is to blame here?
by on Dec 9, 2005 at 7:52:54 pm

[Bobby Mosaedi] " i suggested to them to download the media100sw demo, but i saw there is no option for timecodem100HD under device control. only firewire"

If you send them the "Machine Control" folder from your Media 100 HD installation and they drop it into their Media 100 sw application folder they can select it in the device control pref. At least they can do some tests with that. Send the whole folder...

Return to posts index

by on Dec 10, 2005 at 11:57:11 pm

thanks floh, i also tried it out for myself on an imac G5 and deck control seems to work fine ( with only deck and keyspan connected). TC #'s don't show up though, which i didnt expect to work flawlessly anyways. i even tried the DQ timecoder from media 100i... i get deck control but still no TC #'s. ive been on the phone with media 100 and convergent, and hopefully something can be resolved. im more hopeful of a firmware upgrade happening with convergent than m100 changing their software. apparently, im the only person with this box and any kind of media 100. ill keep everyone updated, if anybody is interested. i get to be the guinea pig for this little bump in the road.

Return to posts index

edunwodyRe: who is to blame here?
by on Dec 17, 2005 at 11:38:30 am

We have 3 convergent boxes in our rack and they work flawlessly with our 2 M100 Xr's, M100HD and our 844/X.
They control a DVCPro deck, Beta SP, VCR, and a DVD burner. Our main deck is SDI and does not need conversion. The convergent folks are pretty helpful with tech issues.

Good Luck

Elliott

Bright Blue Sky Productions
4811 Rivoli Dr
Macon, GA 31210

http://www.brightbluesky.com

Return to posts index

by on Dec 20, 2005 at 4:35:08 am

hmmm . interesting. are you using null modem adaptors? what brand cable are you using from SD-connect to the Media 100 HD? are all of these devices hooked up to the Media 100 HD?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]