MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

I'm trying M100sw ,any advice or things to look for ?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Garvin I'm trying M100sw ,any advice or things to look for ?
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 4:59:48 am

Having worked with a M100 XE system for the last 6 years . I enjoy the way it was designed and how easy it is to get my work done. ( well I might not have said that during my first year with M100 ver 4.5 )

Last year I picked FCP (actually their express version ) to use as a back up editor and to work better with SPDVD3
The First thing I noticed that my M100 system was so much easier to work with. Even though FCP had a lot of features everything seemed to backwards...what took one step in m100 felt to me more dificult to accomplish in FCP

So I hope m100sw will give me the flexability of FCP but the smooth work enviroment I am familiar with my XE system

I don't plan to mix the two systems m100sw will stay on my laptop and the XE will be on my older G4 tower unit
for now I plan to capture using Final Cut Express firewire input and open the files in m100sw

Will m100sw export smoothly using Compressor for projects in SPDVD3 ?

Anthing I should be on the look out for ??

Thanks
Joe G

Return to posts index

FlohRe: I'm trying M100sw ,any advice or things to look for ?
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 8:11:24 am

The best thing you can do is to download the fully functional trial version to see for yourself how it works.
sw does use native DV-clips from FCP or iMovie, so you can work natively with the clips you digitized in these applictions. And you can mix these clips with your "old" Media 100 i material plus e.g. uncompressed material from AE with alpha channel, and all this without rendering.
We really enjoy the functionality of sw and HD, and it will be a big productivity boost over Media 100 i due to its more video layers and more realtime capabilities.
Exporting to Compressor also works as expected. You even can set your chapter marks within Media 100 sw which will be carried over to DVDSP on compression. Really a nice feature we use quite often.

But as I said, download the trial version and try for yourself...

Floh

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: I'm trying M100sw ,any advice or things to look for ?
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 11:44:32 am

I imported media captured with my m100 8.2.2 and it seems as though the time code did not transfer. Each clip from the same aquzition starts at zero. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

by on Dec 8, 2005 at 1:16:05 pm

There should be no setting that can affect that. Did you transfer the bin also? Or did you export the clips from Media 100 i? If you just copy the source clips or the source clips and the bin you should end up with the correct timecode except you use the "Import Media to the Media Standard and Compressor" checkbox in the import dialog which will create new clips without TC.

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: I'm trying M100sw ,any advice or things to look for ?
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 1:48:35 pm

[Floh] "except you use the "Import Media to the Media Standard and Compressor" checkbox in the import dialog which will create new clips without TC. "

I mported them from the media file directly without bins or timelines.

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

by on Dec 8, 2005 at 2:02:20 pm

Was the "Import Media to the Media Standard and Compressor" checkbox checked? If yes, then new files will be created without TC. Try bringing the bin with the clips, this should definitely work with TC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]