MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

URGENT: Media100 compatible captioning package

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Sowder
URGENT: Media100 compatible captioning package
on Dec 6, 2005 at 11:14:16 pm

I would prefer a software solution to my captioning needs. But I don't have a big budget. I doubt that hardware would be reasonable but I'm looking for something under a grand, which might not be many options. I'm NOT using DV so I can't use any of the cheaper DV options...

Matt Sowder
Fiddler's Ridge Productions

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: URGENT: Media100 compatible captioning package
on Dec 7, 2005 at 12:38:59 am

Hi Matt,
Perhaps you could give us a few more details about what you are trying to achieve? Are you looking for a package to replace the "usual" Media 100 titling software (Boris, CG Studio etc), or are you looking for a "downstream" solution for caption overlay after the video leaves Media 100? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick ?

Return to posts index

Matt Sowder
Re: URGENT: Media100 compatible captioning package
on Dec 7, 2005 at 3:20:41 pm

I doubt that downstream will work, I have two editing stations that need captioning. It might be that one downstream solution would work, if I could route the signals from the media100(s) to the encoder to the decks. That being said, I would rather have a software solution that would work with our current Media 100 (8.2.1. OS X 10.3.2) than anything else. I don't have budget numbers but I will tell you that our solution will be the cheapest out there, however impractical... I have Boris Grafitti 3.0 already. I don't really want to replace it but if something is out there that works better and does captioning, I'd be interested...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]