MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 output to DVD Studio Pro 4

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrazierMedia 100 output to DVD Studio Pro 4
by on Dec 3, 2005 at 2:11:23 am

Running M100 v8.2.2; G5; Dual 2.5 GHz; 2 GB RAM; OS 10.3.9.

I just got DVDSP v4; other system in office running DVDSP v3 with identical M100. In DVDSPv3, we export from M100 as by-reference file; import into QT Pro as MPEG-2; into DVDSP and away we go.

DVDSP v4 has newer version of QT, and doesn't offer MPEG-2 as option. I'm having quality issues with DVDSP v4 output (very pixely movement/dissolves, etc.), was told by Apple to use Compressor in place of QTPro. Compressor doesn't know what I'm sending it.

Apple says that since I'm not using Final Cut Pro, they can't help me. (They actually use a tone of conversation usually reserved for speaking with someone who's sleeping with their ex-wife.) The manual for both sets of software assumes I'm using FCP. 'Nuff said about what happens when you assume.

Any help out in the Cow Pasture?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Media 100 output to DVD Studio Pro 4
by on Dec 3, 2005 at 2:39:50 am

[Mark Frazier] "DVDSP v4 has newer version of QT, and doesn't offer MPEG-2 as option. I'm having quality issues with DVDSP v4 output (very pixely movement/dissolves, etc.), was told by Apple to use Compressor in place of QTPro. Compressor doesn't know what I'm sending it."

You should use BitVice instead for MPEG2 compression. There is a bug in Compressor 2 that causes this blocky transitions when using 2pass VBR encoding. Plus, unlike Compressor or MPEG2 export BitVice can handle Media 100 colorspace correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]