MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Bug report in M100 HD

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ThomasBug report in M100 HD
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 1:35:48 pm

I was just wondering if i was the only one encontering those bugs in Media 100 HD.

1. Random problems with Timefx/freezed/reversed clips. They play just fine in the timeline in real time, but sometimes and only a few of them, after being processed and exported from edit suite as self contained, clips appear to give strange/faulty results. Slow motions become fast fowards, in & out point are not the good ones, reversed clips are freezed etc

Return to posts index

Michael Todd ThorpeRe: Bug report in M100 HD
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 4:18:06 pm

I can't speak to numbers 2, 3and 4.

However, I've noticed some funkiness with rendered timeline FX (colorfx, speed changes, etc). Prior to rendering, everything looked good and played properly, but upon rendering the fx screwed up (flashes and stutters). I was using the standard m100i compressor. When I changed to the 8 or 10 bit HD compressor, things cleared up, no more render problems. For a while I tried to use the m100i compressor to save media space on the drive array but since tracking this down I've just defaulted to the 8 bit HD. Uses more space, but I don't have any more surprises.

Note, I digitized standard SDI 720 x 486 with the m100i compressor and later switched to the 8 bit HD for renders. Later I just defaulted to the 8 bit HD for everything. If this is your problem you should be ok just switching codecs, unrendering and then re-rendering. Worked for me.

Hope this helps...

Return to posts index

ThomasRe: Bug report in M100 HD
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 5:37:35 pm

I still work using the media 100i codec. It's certainly the reason. I'm gonna try to use the HD codec for SD project. But i'm wondering if i can still work with SATA and Firewire 800 drives without data rates issues. I don't use my SCSI Raid for years now in M100. The silence of the G5 is too confortable.

Tommy

Return to posts index

Michael Todd ThorpeRe: Bug report in M100 HD
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 5:46:44 pm

If you're working with non HD material, I don't think the data rate will be much of an issue. At least not for short bursts. You could still digitize with the m100i codec, but leave the effects set for 8 bit HD and try that out for a while. Whichever way you go, please let us know how things work out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]