MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

SCSI-trouble

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten AndreassenSCSI-trouble
by on Nov 24, 2005 at 8:42:48 am

I posted this question in the OSX forum, but havent got an answer yet. So I try here as well. I have a 733mhz G4, and have just upgraded to Tiger from OS 10.2.8.
In 10.2.8 I used to have a SCSI-RAID with 4 SCSI-disks for my Media100 video media, a RAID set up with the ATTO ExpressStripe 1.2 software, trough an ATTO UL2S adapter.
I had a suspicion this RAID would not work after upgrading, so I backed up all the video media on the SCSI-drives. Or so i tought. Now I realize I forgot one project, and the SCSI drives don`t show up in 10.4.3 since the ATTO adapter is not OK with Tiger. A new adapter and new RAID SW is on its way, so that`s not the problem. The problem is the M100 media on the SCSI-disks. Is that lost forever? Even if I temporarily roll back to 10.2.8? Can I "roll back", or was Tiger a full install? Any chance that the old RAID will show up in Tiger after installing the new ATTO SCSI-adapter?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: SCSI-trouble
by on Nov 24, 2005 at 10:31:06 am

[Morten Andreassen] "The problem is the M100 media on the SCSI-disks. Is that lost forever? Even if I temporarily roll back to 10.2.8? Can I "roll back", or was Tiger a full install?"

If you did nothing to the array (like initializing the drives) a reinstall of 10.2.8 should give you access to your media files again. There is no way to "roll back" to 10.2.8 except reinstalling it, e.g. to another partition or to an external FireWire drive.

[Morten Andreassen] "Any chance that the old RAID will show up in Tiger after installing the new ATTO SCSI-adapter?"

This depends on how you striped these drives. Did you use the ATTO software? What

Return to posts index

Morten AndreassenRe: SCSI-trouble
by on Nov 24, 2005 at 12:09:23 pm

Thanks.
I did nothing to the SCSI-drives before installing Tiger. The RAID was set up 3 years ago, and I

Return to posts index

FlohRe: SCSI-trouble
by on Nov 24, 2005 at 12:12:22 pm

If you used Apple DiskUtility the array should show up with the new adapter. Why do you want to use the ATTO software? We have only good experiences with DiskUtility.

Return to posts index

Morten AndreassenRe: SCSI-trouble
by on Nov 24, 2005 at 12:54:12 pm

Then I`ll just try to install and hope it shows up.

Why ATTO sw? hmmm.... maybe just because I already paid a fortune for it :-(
No, I tought the existing RAID was set up with ATTO when ordering the new sw. I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]