MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100HD - insert edit to DVW-M2000

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean ColeM100HD - insert edit to DVW-M2000
by on Nov 17, 2005 at 8:31:34 am

Hi all,

I've been attempting some V insert edit repairs from M100HD to a DVW-M2000P. I keep getting a repeated first frame though which is effectively putting the insert a frame out. fortunatly though I had assemble edited the programme from 09:57:00:00 which meant the whole prog was a frame out (incl clocks, etc) which on the one hand was a pain but has been a good thing when doing the inserts.

Is there perhaps a setting I've overlooked that is causing the 1frame lag from the M100HD system?

For the time being I've had to resort to inserting from blacks or freezes/stills to overcome this.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Sean

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100HD - insert edit to DVW-M2000
by on Nov 17, 2005 at 10:15:29 am

We already had a thread about it some days ago, and it seems to be a bug in the HD software. I

Return to posts index

Sean ColeRe: M100HD - insert edit to DVW-M2000 (rant, sorry!)
by on Nov 17, 2005 at 3:51:22 pm

My apologies. I did a search but found nothing & I tend to sort by thread and not time. thanks for the link floh

v.interesting thread tho. Interested to see that the problem was initially flagged in July! Funny, I have several issues I sent back in May with no response and certainly no updates. Please excuss the sarasm but I've been getting it in the ear from the tv stations I've been working with recently - that m100hd can't even handle the simple, basic operations you expect in edit software. like reverse wipes, insert editing, batch digitising material on the v1-99 tracks, losing opacity nodes once batched, losing the original reference when a time fx is applied, losing the matte on a timefx clip.

It's all adding up and with the current release of v10.2SW but HD left in the lurch and none of the above bugs even fixed in the SW version, I'm sure you can understand my frustration based on the lack of support and seeming lack of interest in the end users during the multiple company transitions.

To be fair and to balance the post, I think that M100 are by far the best editing packages on the planet especially HD & SW. I hope that Boris soon kicks the m100 support team back into life so that we can experience the same excellence we had a few years ago. Bring back the Customer Advocate and direct email support!

Rant over!

Sean

Return to posts index

Stephen BullRe: M100HD - insert edit to DVW-M2000 (rant, sorry!)
by on Nov 18, 2005 at 8:53:06 am

Hi Sean,

[Sean Cole] "insert editing, batch digitising material on the v1-99 tracks, losing opacity nodes once batched, losing the original reference when a time fx is applied.."

I have also experienced all those problems you have mentioned in the 1st month of owning our system. We also seem to get atleast 1 Kernel panic a day whilst editing in Media 100HD, which freezes the system forcing a reboot. We are also frequently getting a bad memory allocation error mesage.

Hopefully a software update is not to far away.

Steve

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100HD - insert edit to DVW-M2000 works with frame offset.
by on Nov 28, 2005 at 5:23:05 pm

Sean,

we got our HDW-M2000P and I did some digitizing and mastering tests. As you have noticed, in the default setting the deck does not master frame accurate, and it also does digitize one frame off (compared to your TC on the tape).
But if you set the "Digitize Frame Offset" in the "Deck Specific options" to -1 you can digitize and master frame accurate as you would expect it.
To set this option, go to Preferences->Device Control and hold Shift, CTRL and Command (Apple) while clicking on the "Configure" button. This way you get the "Deck-Specific Options" and there you can adjust the Digitizing Frame offset to -1.

Hope this helps,

Floh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]