MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Simple Question

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike AllenSimple Question
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 6:36:50 pm

I am running Mac OS 10.2.6, Quicktime version 6.2 and Media 100 8.1.1 (I have 8.2 but since my Mac is not connected to the internet, I can't easily get the OS and Quicktime downloads that I will need to upgrade.)

Here is the easy question. Can someone give me the step by step procedure for trashing preferences? I am experiencing M100 crashes and OS crashes so I thought I would give this a try. I have repaired permissions but have never had to trash prefs. since OS9.

Thanks for you help.

Return to posts index

Tim ScarpinoRe: Simple Question
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 7:42:53 pm

Mike,

It should be as simple as going to your Preferences folder and dragging the preferences for that specific software to the trash. The software will then build new preferences when it opens and/or closes.

Anyone else?

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

Mike AllenRe: Simple Question
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 7:56:42 pm

I need specific instructions. You did not give any. I know I need to trash my prefs. Exactly where are they located? Step 1,2,3 ect.

Return to posts index

matt shortRe: Simple Question
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 9:30:20 pm

Open a new finder window. M100 prefs are in User> Your User Name> Library> Preferences folder. Drag to trash. Empty trash.

Return to posts index

Mike AllenRe: Simple Question
by on Nov 17, 2005 at 9:44:11 pm

Do I trash the folder or just the contents of the folder? Sorry for the basic question. I have not done this in a while.

Return to posts index

matt shortRe: Simple Question
by on Nov 19, 2005 at 1:25:45 am

Trash the folder. A new one will be created when you launch Media100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]