MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100i tech guy for media freeze?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy PriceMedia 100i tech guy for media freeze?
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 5:03:51 pm

I am running M100i 7.5 on OS 9.2.2 (dual 1.25 G4 with 1.25 GB RAM) and have been experiencing very frequent freezes when moving back and forth in the timeline, trimming/extending frames etc and then I get the 'Error 19327 HAL_Interface' message and the green screen... I have tried everything I can think of to try and fix this problem, re-installing M100 and OS9, creating new projects, running disk warrior, testing external hard drives... and I am now officially stumped!!

So, if anyone has any idea of anything else I could try, I would be eternally grateful, or if anyone knows of a good tech person who could come out to my office, that would be even better. I am in Venice, CA.

Return to posts index

bilco5Re: Media 100i tech guy for media freeze?
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 9:50:21 pm

I was using the same system until about 9 months ago -- have upgraded to OSX and the v8.2.2 software with no problems. However, in OS9, I had frequent overheating problems with the m100 card -- and was the primary reason to go through the upgrade. It seems that the Dual G4 1.25 runs hotter in OS9 - and there is a noticable dfference in fan noise between the two systems. The short term work around was to operate with the case open about 4 inches and then my crashing problems disappeared. But also try rebuilding your desktop. Errors with the HAL fragment suggest to me problems with the cg program -- make sure that you are using the right version of graffitti -- you can check it out at the Boris website. Finally, just to make sure that nothing else is gumming you up, launch the extensions manager and select base OS9 only. Restart, and then add only the necessary media 100 extensions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved