MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Video monitoring problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wilcox
Video monitoring problem
on Nov 15, 2005 at 12:22:08 am

We are having a problem with our M100i (8.2) system out of the blue. When digitizing, all NTSC outputs (S,composite, component) signals appear unlocked and B/W. The source monitor inside the software appears normal and you and digitize footage with no problems. Playback of existing and newly acquired footage is fine. This just cropped up today. Seems like if it were a problem with the card or BOB, we would end up with garbage after digitizing. Checked all paths on several monitors and same problem appears. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: Video monitoring problem
on Nov 15, 2005 at 12:38:12 am

OK this is a long-shot. Are you feeding Media 100's output back in a loop to the reference input? I encountered this at a facility I freelance at that uses a centralised matrix to route signals to various suites/ edit decks. If the output of the media 100 somehow got routed back to the composite input and the system set for external genlock - it all kicked off like you described.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Nov 15, 2005 at 1:14:06 am

That was my first thought as well. Its set to internal. Thanks for the post...any other ideas!

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
on Nov 15, 2005 at 1:40:11 am

Another even longer long-shot and probably something already done, but have you tried reseating the card and re-attaching the BOB?

I ask as recently I started experiencing a strange horizontal "wobble" on the picture while digitising, but only on the R-Y channel. After much head scratching and wire tracing, I removed the BOB and re-attached the connector. Problem went away.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Nov 15, 2005 at 4:46:18 pm

Kieran,

That's my next move. Although, it seems damn strange that we can actually digitize with no problems. I'll report out.

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Nov 15, 2005 at 10:29:54 pm

Are you feeding Black Burst into the composite input of M100 while digitizing? If so, could the BB generator have gone bad?

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Nov 16, 2005 at 12:28:12 am

Nailed it on the head. Actually bad DA for BB. All is now as it should be...

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Nov 16, 2005 at 4:12:54 am

HHHHHAAAAAA!
The crowd goes wild!!!

(It happened to me too)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]