MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

quick fix for stolen/now broken media 100 set up????!!!!

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
digitalgeorgequick fix for stolen/now broken media 100 set up????!!!!
by on Nov 10, 2005 at 3:48:02 am

WHEN WE MOVED TO ATLANTA, THE MOVERS STOLE A TON OF OUR STUFF, INCLUDING THE MAGMA CHASSIS WHICH CONTAINED THE MEDIA 100 V8 CARD. I HAVE A G5 BUT ALSO A G4 AVAILABLE. I HAVE A QUICK PROJECT THAT I NEED FINISHED ASAP. I DON'T THINK IT MAKES SENSE TO BUY ANOTHER MAGMA CHASSIS. I'M STILL HOLDING OUT FOR THE MEDIA 100 SW VERSION, WHICH I HOPE WILL WORK WITH AN AJA STYLE SET UP? HD ISN'T IN THE CARDS RIGHT NOW.

SO CAN I BUY A CHEAP MEDIA 100 CARD, NOT SURE IF IT'S VINCENT OR P6000? AND INSTALL IT IN THE G4? IT MAY BE SLOWER, BUT IT'S A PROJECT I NEED TO FINISH.

ANY THOUGHTS...

DIGITALGEORGE IN ATLANTA

Return to posts index

RobMRe: quick fix for stolen/now broken media 100 set up????!!!!
by on Nov 10, 2005 at 7:28:12 pm

Bummer about the movers. Did they also steal your caps lock key? ;)

You can purchase a used Vincent 601 or P6000 and it should work okay in a G4, but the Vincent TM cards will not. See the CPG for specifics and more info:
http://support.media100.com/CPGs/default.aspx

If you do buy a used card, you also need to make sure you get the system key (encryption code) for that card for the appropriate level and version of Media 100 software you want to run (i.e. V 8.x) - the system key is tied to the serial number of a particular board, so you can't just use your old system key from your old board with a new one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]