MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 graphics channel

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Spruston
Media 100 graphics channel
on Nov 8, 2005 at 9:11:12 pm

Hey guys...

weird happenings with the media 100 graphics channel (version 8.2). I have rendered a few graphic overlays (animated) from AE 6.5 with the animation codec. I then imported them into media 100, placed them on my graphics channel and rendered them. The weird part is that my video gets a very slight green tint to it when the overlay runs. It is very pronounced when footage is saturated. I've checked everything... my background colour in AE is black... I just can't figure out where this green is coming from! Driving me crazy... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: Media 100 graphics channel
on Nov 10, 2005 at 2:35:53 pm

That has always been an issue with M100. It's due to combining RGB and NTSC video. It happens to everyone. there is no fix for that. I hate it too.

The work around is to color correct the clip below it. Add about +4 to +6 to the tint of the video below, that usually fixes it. I know it's a pain, but as they say... Whadayagonnado?

Return to posts index

matt short
on Nov 11, 2005 at 10:18:18 pm

[Ernie Santella] "That has always been an issue with M100."
That's the first time I've heard of this issue. Try rendering using the M100 codec instead and see if you have better results.

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Nov 12, 2005 at 3:46:19 pm

Everybody should be rendering AE projects using the M100 codec? (Instant import).

That's not the issue. It's that video is digitized in Y,Yb,Yr and anything created on the computer is RGB. When you combine the two, that's were you get this phase issue. It's been posted before. There is no fix.

Return to posts index

BilCo5
on Nov 16, 2005 at 10:11:27 pm

Clarification about the AE rendering codecs with media 100. The m100 codec does not support an alpha channel. If you want to key art or video animations from the graphics channels into the main video channels, it has to be rendered in animation codec selecting millions of colors plus.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Nov 17, 2005 at 7:06:21 am

[BilCo5] "Clarification about the AE rendering codecs with media 100. The m100 codec does not support an alpha channel. If you want to key art or video animations from the graphics channels into the main video channels, it has to be rendered in animation codec selecting millions of colors plus."

That

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]