MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Anyone familiar with Media 100 and DVD Studio Pro?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsAnyone familiar with Media 100 and DVD Studio Pro?
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 9:53:19 pm

Mac G-4 144 Dual, Media 100i XR, Boris Red, DVD Studio Pro4

I am just getting started with DVD authoring. Previously I went from DV tape to DVD standalone recorder.

The Studio Pro manual refers to setting your chapter markers exactly where you want them in Final Cut Pro. Stating that Markers placed in Compressor before using it to encode the video are placed perfectly.

Is this possible to do in Media 100? or do you just put the chapter markers in once you get to the DVD authoring software?

Anyone familiar with using Media 100 with DVD Studio Pro? and willing to share some time?

Very apprecitive of any help,
Jerome

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Anyone familiar with Media 100 and DVD Studio Pro?
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 10:02:52 pm

[Jerome Robbins] "Is this possible to do in Media 100? or do you just put the chapter markers in once you get to the DVD authoring software?"

You can do both, either place your chapter marks in Media 100 i in the Marks tool and turn them on on export; then BitVice or Compressor will carry them over to DVDSP. Or set them in DVDSP.

Return to posts index

Norm WrightRe: Anyone familiar with Media 100 and DVD Studio Pro?
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 11:39:04 pm

shift+F6 to add a chapter mark

Return to posts index

Al J. MarschkeRe: Anyone familiar with Media 100 and DVD Studio Pro?
by on Nov 3, 2005 at 12:48:42 pm

The workflow with Media 100 and DVD studio pro is very nice and consistent. I have also found that QT Pro will retain the chapter markers when working with a reference or self-contained file. I always use self-contained to free up my editing machine and compress with Bitvice, Compressor or QT Pro on a G5. There is a trick with Bitvice for it to see chapter markers. I can't remember what it is but it involves QT-Pro and somehow identifying that it has markers in it. The Innobits forum is down now so I can't be specific. Sorry.

Al J. Marschke
BluMars Media
Pittsburgh, PA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]