MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Name that system (win a cookie)

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry ZektserName that system (win a cookie)
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 9:28:17 pm

I just came into posession of a Compaq W8000 workstation which at one point had a win2k install on it. Recently replaced with win2k3. After some odd messages about unrecognized devices, I opened it to find 3 large (very large) add-on boards, connected by some sort of backplane/scsi cable. One of them has a media 100 logo (the word media and below it an eye shape with 100 in it). One has a bunch of ORCA chips if that matters, P6000 is the closest thing to a model number. I know this was used for video production.

Can anyone tell me what in gods name those cards may be?? Pointers in the right direction to get drivers and/or software to make use of them would be great. My hope is they may somehow help us with compositing work that takes forever to render.

Anyway, thanks in advance for all the help guys!

Return to posts index

Jim CalahanRe: Name that system (win a cookie)
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 2:16:15 am

Looks like you have a set of ifinish (PC) or media100i(Mac) P6000,E6000 boards including a m6000 mpeg encoder board (PC only).

Jim Calahan
KVIE, Sacramento

Return to posts index

Henry ZektserRe: Name that system (win a cookie)
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 2:12:12 pm

Theyre iFinish boards then, since this is a PC... Any thoughts on what I can use them for now since iFinish is no longer a product?

Return to posts index

Colin SandyRe: Name that system (win a cookie)
by on May 1, 2006 at 10:51:42 pm

I could give you a suggestion but it wouldn't be polite.... But seriously, I have the same setup among many different Media 100 systems I've collected over the years and I find that the MPEG board is very much prone to failure. It's as reliable as the old Atto SCSI cards I used about 10 years ago. My MPEG board has died twice in about 3 years. An unacceptable failure rate by any standard. I think I'm giving up on the system. Media 100 did some time ago.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved