MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

burning timecode

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Kentburning timecode
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 3:56:26 pm

Is there anyway to have timecode embedded in my output?

Return to posts index

AlexRe: burning timecode
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 6:45:55 pm

We always either run a copy to digi first and then do vhs/dvd copies from that with the digi vtr character display on or run it direct through the vtr and hit the space bar in time with the tc start.

We've never found another way of doing it I'm afraid and we're running M100i and HD suites.

Return to posts index

MichaelRRe: burning timecode
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 10:11:56 pm

One way is to run your entire program through After Effects. It has a text generator that will superimpose timecode.

Another way would be to make a timecode movie in AE and key it in Media 100.

Return to posts index

derek bruceRe: burning timecode
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 11:51:18 pm

Easiest way is in the Media100 timeline using Boris title track. Create new text title, drop-down following: Text / Face / Text / Transformations / Generator, under 'Generator Type1' choose 'Timecode' - you should now see a 00:00:00:00 timecode on screen that will run frame acurate to whatever length track you create, and you can scale it etc as any other graphic (be sure to go to 'Generator' in the Controls window and select your timecode type: Drop Frame/PAL/NTSC - been caught out before!). Of course you still need to render it - its not perfect! I have seen this 'burning timecode' question many times - I wonder if a 'Frequently Asked Questions' section could be compiled in the COW - I am sure we would all benefit! Regards,

25th Frame Productions

Return to posts index

Karen KentRe: burning timecode
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 9:43:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I had thought about doing it in AE, but my timeline is over an hour (1:06, to be precise), & that would make for some heavy render time. I guess I'll try the Boris route, but I'll still get a big render hit there, too. Alas...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved