MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Does this sound like a broken Breakout-Box?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul GordonDoes this sound like a broken Breakout-Box?
by on Oct 30, 2005 at 12:33:25 am

Hi,

While digitizing via component, I am getting a green picture. First time this ever happened in my 11 years working with Media100i. Re-hooked all cables...changed cables...trashed preferences. Did the M100 hardware test and everything passed. S-Video works fine. Component OUT works fine....JUST component going INTO the system is green. Vectorscope says I wasn't getting any R-Y signal. If it IS the box, is there anything I can try to do here before calling Boris and possibly getting a replacement?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Gordon

Return to posts index

Paul GordonRe: Does this sound like a broken Breakout-Box?
by on Oct 30, 2005 at 12:42:42 am

Woops,

One correction.....I am not getting a B-Y signal.

Thanks again,

Paul

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: Does this sound like a broken Breakout-Box?
by on Oct 30, 2005 at 6:34:52 am

In my case it was the breakout-box. It was a bad contact of one of the component connections starting to happen after years of use. I can still use my box if I pull the affected cable in a certain direction, then it works fine.
Felix

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2005 at 6:41:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. So was this something you did internally or was it simply pushing and pulling the cable on the outside of the box? I never attempted to open the box...is it simple?

I didn't need to call tech support in over 6 years...what's the new number??

Thanks again,

Paul

Return to posts index

Felix HalterRe: Does this sound like a broken Breakout-Box?
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 6:04:48 am

I did not open the box, but I will if the problem persists. It seems to be a bad connection right inside on the BNC plug. I mean, after all these years the warranty is gone and I might as well have a look what's inside the box if necessary. But right now just bending the cables in one direction does the job.

I don't have the number of media 100 support.

Felix

Return to posts index

by on Nov 1, 2005 at 8:11:27 pm

Thanks for your help, Felix.

I appreciate it!

Paul

Return to posts index

Kieran MatthewRe: Does this sound like a broken Breakout-Box?
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 9:57:07 pm

Hi,
I recently had an issue with a BOB I was given. One of the audio channels was quieter than the other so I figured one of the balanced connections had come loose. Opening the Box wasn't too much trouble, even unpeeling the thick copper foil cladding. Inside is very lo-tech and sure enough it was a wire that had just broken off. A quick blast with the soldering iron and the BOB worked good as new.

If you really need a new Box don't buy a new one - scan ebay et al, they often come up though people don't know what they are, so you have to hunt!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]