MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100HD : Reverse Wipe effect

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean ColeM100HD : Reverse Wipe effect
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 10:50:20 am

Try this for me:

2 clips on a time line. split A & B. Add transition Barn door wipe. Reverse the transition (to go from outside to inside). Play as fast effect - does what you expect. Now render it. play back the entire sequence to see my problem.

Does anyone on the forum have the expertise to fix this for me as M100/Boris are not of any use at the moment. Have been waiting 3mths for a reply!! Got a dead, deadline in 2 weeks time.

Thanks in advance.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100HD : Reverse Wipe effect
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 11:06:51 am

Obviously this is a bug. You definitely should report it to Media 100, and I hope that it gets fixed in the next release. Right now the only solution I can give you is either not to render these FastFX, or if you need to render it to swap the clips. Create your transition as needed, split the incoming and outgoing clips at the start and end of the transition, select both clips during the transition and swap them on the A/B tracks. Apply your transition again, and while it now will be wrong when realtime it will render correctly.

Return to posts index

Sean ColeRe: M100HD : Reverse Wipe effect
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 2:12:57 pm

Yep, this is the way I have been doing it. It's a bit of a pain now that we are onlining and this effect was set in the treatment. Only another 56 to remake. Joy!

Cheers Floh

Sean

Return to posts index

FlohRe: M100HD : Reverse Wipe effect
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 2:23:12 pm

[Sean Cole] " Only another 56 to remake. Joy!"

You also could do this effect in BorisFX or Red easily, which should render correctly. Probably not very helpful if you already set up all the transitions :-(

Return to posts index

Sean ColeRe: M100HD : Reverse Wipe effect
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 2:33:09 pm

Yeah, that and we don't have BorisFX or Red. Nevermind!

SC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]