MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problems digitizing

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Kent
Problems digitizing
on Oct 21, 2005 at 3:16:28 pm

I'm on M100 8.2.2. Just upgraded to Tiger 2 days ago (10.4.2). When I do digitizing oif any kind (batch, on the fly) I keep getting the following message: "Recording difficulties have occurred. Please select a faster drive for output," then my error log says my rate is too high. I'm capturing at 300KB onto a 280 gig RAID array with 184 gigs of free space. This is the rate I always capture at, & the drive I always capture to. I didn't have this problem before my Tiger upgrade. If I quit the program or restart the Mac, I can capture 1 clip sometimes. I reinstalled M100, trashed preferences. What else can I do?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jim
Re: Problems digitizing
by
on Oct 21, 2005 at 6:49:26 pm

Just guessing here, but
your raid firmware may be incompatible with Tiger and
may need to download an upgrade.

Jim

Return to posts index

Karen Kent
on Oct 21, 2005 at 7:24:08 pm

Sorry - shoulda said that I tried that already. Also checked that cables & cards were firmly seated.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Oct 21, 2005 at 7:40:57 pm

Which SCSI card are you using? Are you sure it is compatible with 10.4.x? Try digitizing on the system drive and see if that works. If yes, either get a new SCSI card, FireWire or SATA drives or go back to 10.3.9.

Return to posts index

Karen Kent
on Oct 21, 2005 at 8:22:09 pm

Digitizing on the system drive yields better results, but the problem still persists. I talked to Atto about my SCSI card & my drivers & firmware are all up to date (I need to update my Express Stripe app, & I will, but that's most likely not the problem). I'll swap cables, swap channels on my SCSI card (I'm only using 1) & see if that works. I don't wanna go back to 10.3.9 (I really like Tiger!), but I will if I must.

Thanks you guys!

Return to posts index

matt short
on Oct 21, 2005 at 9:58:24 pm

Did you uncheck the 'put hard drives to sleep when possible' box in system prefs after installing Tiger? I think it's checked by default when you install the OS.

Return to posts index

Karen Kent
on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:36:05 pm

I have all energy saving system prefs off. Also, I sawpped cables & channels for on the SCSI drive with no luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]