MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Odd issue with Media100i & Bitvice

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieran MatthewOdd issue with Media100i & Bitvice
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 12:17:05 am

Hi folks,
I've been successfully making DVDs from media 100 & DVD SP via Bitvice for encoding for quite a while but recently something odd has been happening.

When I open media exported from Media100 (by reference or self contained) in Bitvice it has been reporting that Quicktime is giving nonstandard (and usually random) frame rates. No real biggy as you can confirm the 25fps PAL standard (I'm in the UK) when you come to set the encoding parameters.

The problem is that the last GOP often goes past the end of the media resulting in white frames being displayed, and a visible flash of white when the track ends.

I've found a workaround by making the media longer (on black) and pulling the end back in DVDSP until it finds a keyframe, but this is only a quick fix. I've tried placing a compression marker at the end to mark the end point, but this doesn't seem to help.

This has happened under Quicktime 6, and now 7. Any ideas ? Is this a Media 100 thing, an Bitvice thing, or a Quicktime thing ?

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

joeRe: Odd issue with Media100i & Bitvice
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 7:49:53 pm

You may want to try adding a black pict file in your Media100 timeline instead of the M100 black.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved