<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacobo VizcarraBoris RED and MediaHD help
by on Oct 7, 2005 at 9:04:59 pm

Ok here we go:

I can

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Boris RED and MediaHD help
by on Oct 8, 2005 at 1:50:41 pm

Do you have the newest version of Red? They just have released 3.04, I think.

Return to posts index

JacoboRe: Boris RED and MediaHD help What do you think? Floh
by on Oct 12, 2005 at 6:44:09 pm

From Todd at UCSB at the Boris Post: "I believe that feature went away since Media 100HD now has unlimited video layers. How would it know which one to choose?

I'm a little fuzzy on what you are trying to do, but you can use the bin browser to pick any clip you want to composite with Boris. You need to think Boris is more like a compositor in the timeline, rather than the way it use to be. So you'd need to bring in all of your elements from bins, files, etc,- timeline is a place holder, not where you will get your media from. Make sense? Hope this helps."

What do you think? Floh. Is this feature no longer? I updated and still nothing.

Jacobo

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Boris RED and MediaHD help What do you think? Floh
by on Oct 13, 2005 at 12:35:03 pm

To me it seems like there currently is a problem with Boris and Media 100 media files from Bin Browser and from Composition clips. I don

Return to posts index

Derek BruceRe: Boris RED and MediaHD help What do you think? Floh
by on Oct 14, 2005 at 5:39:00 pm

Have been experiencing the same problems. In Media100 v8 you could export video clips from the timeline at any resolution (offline/online, by reference/self contained) and import them into Boris Red to create your multiscreen sequences, etc. In Media100HD you have to export using the options setting and choose '10bit uncompressed' to see the video files in Boris Red - can't even see the clips when using the 'Media100 HD' export option! I am working offline at 60kb and this is the only way I can export clips and see/render them in Boris - obviously this means more time needed to export the clips if you are working offline and creates much larger file sizes. With any luck this will be looked at soon!

Derek

Derek Bruce
25th Frame Productions
Dual G5/Media 100HD (Boris Red 3.04)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]