MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Dual monitor problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt SowderDual monitor problem
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 3:39:37 pm

We just moved. One of the M100's has a dual monitor problem. It's not the monitors. They work fine, though we are sure that due to the mixing of monitors that the ones that were on there previously are no longer there now. The main monitor boots up fine. The second one doesn't at all. We can swap inputs but that second monitor doesn't boot up. We also get spontaneous boot ups (I took all the wake on settings off) so that is not it. I am using 8.2.1 with Boris FX 3.0. I could use this machine with only one monitor except that Boris decides to put the text monitor where the second one goes. And I can't pull that window over or get it launch on the single monitor set up for ANYTHING.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Dual monitor problem
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 3:45:00 pm

Try resetting Parameter Ram (hold CMD-ALT-P-R on startup until the second start chime). This should boot up the monitors in a default resolution.

Return to posts index

Matt SowderRe: Dual monitor problem
by on Oct 7, 2005 at 2:33:37 pm

Well, we have done that. We've reseated the video card. Everything came back fine. Until this morning when we rebooted. No luck. We turned off the external scsi drives and it booted with both monitors fine. When we hooked this back up is possible that the SCSI chain is causing this?

Return to posts index

Matt SowderRe: Dual monitor problem
by on Oct 10, 2005 at 11:05:53 pm

Just to wrap it up. After flashing the PRAM, we reseated the connections after the move. That seems to have set things up and we have NOT had the repeat of the missing monitor.

Matt Sowder
Fiddler's Ridge Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]