MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

The Future of Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas HughesThe Future of Media 100
by on Oct 5, 2005 at 10:31:38 pm

Since Boris representatives and Media 100 representatives are watching this forum, we should make (realistic and practical) suggestions for what we'd like different about the Media 100 systems.

It makes no difference to me whether HD or sw is the future (although the price would have to come down on HD). As long as I get a few wishes met, I'm committed to Media 100.

I have 6 Media 100 XR suites and a Final Cut suite. All seven suites go night and day. Final Cut has a handful of features that my guys are in love with, ie the color correction, the picture rotation, the ease of use of the graphics and ability to create moving graphics, the video/effects filters, firewire i/o, lightning fast renders and audio/video crossfade presets. There are more, these are just the ones that pop into my head. If Media 100 would add these features to HD or sw then keep up with Final Cut developements, then I'm in for keeps. I love the interface, always have.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: The Future of Media 100
by on Oct 5, 2005 at 10:46:24 pm

I think it is a good idea to gather suggestions for the next releases of Media 100. I think these next releases will be based on the current version of Media 100 HD and sw, so I only can encourage everybody to download the sw beta and try it out. Give as much feedback as possible, positive and negative, to give Boris and the Media 100 team an idea what YOU really need in this product. For example I don

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmondRe: The Future of Media 100
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 12:19:11 am

These are excellent suggestions. I'm like Thomas in that I really like the interface of Media 100 -- it "thinks the way I think," as someone has said.

Before buying the HD product, I must know if Boris is committed to supporting Media 100 on whatever new Power Mac is announced, but also on future Intel-based Macs.

Return to posts index

Elliott DunwodyRe: The Future of Media 100
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 2:50:53 am

We have a XR and a HD system. But our 844/X runs circles around bothof them. Dont get me wrong, both Media100's work all the time day and night. But 844/X is the finisher. Without a doubt the fastest NLE that I have ever seen. Boris would be a awsome adition. The Red plug in Beta was a blast until it timed out.

Bright Blue Sky Productions
4811 Rivoli Dr
Macon, GA 31210

Return to posts index

matt shortRe: The Future of Media 100
by on Oct 13, 2005 at 1:37:16 am

For those of us with Media100i, I'd like to be able to capture with my P6000 & even Vincent boards directly into SW. Basically, using my M100i board & BOB with SW. Being able to add effects (also from 3rd party plug-ins such as Synthetic Apeture, Primatte & Magic Bullet) directly to clips would be cool. OMF export. Rotation, scale and position controls on the timeline. Ability to import PSDs as layers. More than anything, I would like to be able to use my M100i hardware with SW.
There's my wish list.

Return to posts index

Andy StintonRe: The Future of Media 100
by on Oct 15, 2005 at 2:46:39 pm

The biggest thing from stopping me buy the HD version is the lack of Firewire. It

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: The Future of Media 100
by on Oct 15, 2005 at 4:40:07 pm

Here here but I am going to cheat by going in through Convergent Design which DOES use firewire! It will come for Media 100 next year nI am sure though.

Return to posts index

philvilleRe: The Future of Media 100
by on Oct 25, 2005 at 4:28:48 pm

I have a Media 100XR and LX (Vincent). Using M100 since it was NuBus. Like most people, I saw the architecture transition to PCI and the Media100 team responded with upgrade paths to existing users. I'd like to see that commitment from them again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved