MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Hardware configuration for 8.x

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul HolzmanHardware configuration for 8.x
by on Oct 3, 2005 at 6:19:36 pm

I'm currently working on a dual 500 with M100 7.5--and yes, system 9.

I stayed with System 9 because of fiber channel cards that I use.

Recently I bought a G5 which I'm using for AE and FCP work but I'd like to use the fiber channel drives with both computers so I want to use system X on my M100 system.

I have v8.0 (which, if I'm remembering correctly, is the first version that worked with X) but I have heard that the 8.0 version had some redigitizing bugs that were worked out in subsequent versions.

My question is this: what sort of computer will I need for the latest M100 version. The easiest thing to do would be continue using the dual 500 and v7.5 and just go to system X and get an apple fiber channel card. But my impression is that 7.5 doesn't work with system X. And I believe my dual 500 is too slow for v8, no?

Any, any advice would be appreciated.

Paul

Paul Holzman
Eureka Studios
San Francisco

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Hardware configuration for 8.x
by on Oct 3, 2005 at 6:31:30 pm

[Paul Holzman] "I have v8.0 (which, if I'm remembering correctly, is the first version that worked with X) but I have heard that the 8.0 version had some redigitizing bugs that were worked out in subsequent versions."

If you have V8 you can upgrade to V8.1.1 for free. Only the V8.2.x upgrade is not free.

[Paul Holzman]
" But my impression is that 7.5 doesn't work with system X. And I believe my dual 500 is too slow for v8, no?"

V7.5 does not work with OSX, since the software from Classic cannot access hardware under OSX. V8.1 will run on a dual500, but OSX alone and Media 100 under OSX like fast CPUs. I would recommend at least a Dual1GHz G4 for V8.x and OSX in general.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]