MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

any more Boris news?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick L.
any more Boris news?
on Sep 27, 2005 at 3:30:42 pm

Hi. The previous thread about Boris purchasing Media100 seems to have died off. Any more news on the subject?

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.1
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

john
Re: any more Boris news?
by
on Sep 27, 2005 at 10:03:43 pm

nick
it has gone quiet but from my understanding it is still happening
john

Return to posts index

Nick L.
on Sep 29, 2005 at 3:54:03 am

Thanks, John. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for news. Do you think there are enough Media 100 users out there for this to be profitable for Boris? I don't seen people who have already jumped ship coming back unless the product is amazing and the price is in line with an FCP/AJA system.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.1
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 29, 2005 at 9:49:30 am

Nick, Media 100 (i or HD) is simply a better system than FCP so even if those who left might not return, more new editors should opt for Media 100. More logical, much better media management, better quality etc. etc. more expensive it's true, but you can't have everything.

Return to posts index

Gary Bassford
on Sep 29, 2005 at 2:31:30 pm

I wonder how many people are in my situation. I've been "on the fence" about moving from M100 to FCP for two years now. I'm comfortable with all the good things that M100 does, but it's been stagnant for too long. A revitalized M100 would certainly be of interest. But I can't wait forever.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hughes
on Oct 5, 2005 at 9:23:27 pm

My situation is that I've got seven suites, six are Media 100XR and one is Final Cut. All seven systems are working day and night. Final Cut is a tremendous, tremendous system. As my guys get to know it, they love it more and more.

My problem is that I'm 47 and it's the old dog new tricks problem. It would be so much easier for me if Boris could make the Media 100 products' prices competitive with Final Cut and if they could make the features competitive; then keep them current. Then I would much prefer to stay with Media 100. I know the system in my sleep. I know more tricks than I could learn in a year on a new system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]