MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Digitizing Woes

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TimDigitizing Woes
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 7:26:15 pm

My System:

Dual 1Ghz G4, OS 10.2.8, Media 100 v8.1.1, P6000 (LL) w/SDI Card, UVW-1800 BetaSP Play/Record Deck.

My problem:

I've been using this system for years now, but up until around January, I only use it once every month or so (bought a Dual G5 FCP system). When I digitze from my Beta deck (component in/out), I get some strange "interference." There are blue lines that run over the video. Almost like the V-Hold on a TV is off, but only the blue lines move, not the video being captured.

I've ran the Hardware Test, no luck. I've checked all connections. Replaced all video cables, and I even swapped out decks, all to no avail.

Any suggestions, I believe it is the breakout box, or maybe the thing is just ready for the scrap heap?

Here is a link to see a QT of what I mean. It really becomes bad around 8 secs in. (I'm using Geocities, so you may need to copy/paste the link into your browser).

Thanks in advance....

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Digitizing Woes
by on Sep 15, 2005 at 6:40:07 am

This looks very "analog", so I first would think that there

Return to posts index

SheeploveRe: Digitizing Woes
by on Sep 15, 2005 at 9:04:23 am

Try an external burst (sync) generator & re-time your system using external sync.

G5 dual 2.7 OS10.4.1
Media100 HD 10.1.2
1.6 terra RAID
AE 6.5

Return to posts index

TimRe: Digitizing Woes
by on Sep 30, 2005 at 10:38:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I did end up testing the composites and they were fine. Leading me to believe that the board is toast. But don't fret my fellow M100ers, I am fortunate enough to have a spare M100 (Dual G4 500mhz, that's out of commission). I swapped out boards (they were identical P6000 w/SDI) and enter a new key, and voila, all is well again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved