MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter UngererExporting
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 12:49:21 pm

This is a problem I've been having. When exporting a project or program from my M100 lxi V8.2.2 (OS10.3.9) for further use with Compressor and DVD Studio Pro 4 in order to burn a DVD, the project or program will stall with a blank Error screen somewhere during the exporting process. This occurs when the program or project has multiple audio tracks, usually more than four; but even four tracks will make it stop exporting if there are numerous audio clips. The project length can be long or short when this happens, recently a twenty-minute piece with six tracks caused the trouble. My work-around is to master the project to tape and then re-digitize it as a clip into the M100, create a new project and export it as two video tracks and two audio tracks. That way it will export. It makes no difference if I export (to LaCie firewire drives or Seagate 15,000rpm RAID) by reference or not. This problem has persisted for over a year with pre OS10.3.9 operating systems. Does anyone have any trouble shooting suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

CleverMonikerRe: Exporting
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 7:57:15 pm

Shut down M100 and move your Audio media to some drive other than the drive that your Video is on. Re-launch the application, let it relink and try the export again.
For future projects, choose that other drive as your Audio drive.

I spoke to M100 about this some time ago and they said (I'm paraphrasing) that they know about it (and they know how to work around it when it happens) but they haven't been able to reproduce it in house. If they can't make it happen, they can't figure out whats causing it. If they can't figure out what's causing get the idea.

Return to posts index

Walter UngererRe: Exporting
by on Sep 30, 2005 at 9:09:39 am

Please excuse the late resonse. I'm in Europe now and won't return to the US until mid October.

In the past I have put my audio on a firewire drive separate from the video RAID, but in the last year I have been putting all material on my SCSI RAID. I'll check the settings when I get back.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved