MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Import movie file to Boris RED

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Halter
Import movie file to Boris RED
on Aug 30, 2005 at 5:08:30 pm

I'm trying to import movie files into Boris RED but the files don't show up in the project window at all. It puts them on the time line but they are not visible. If i try the same thing in media 100i it works fine.
Media 100 HD 10.1.2 Boris RED 3.0.2 OSX 10.4.2
Thanks
Felix

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
Re: Import movie file to Boris RED
on Aug 31, 2005 at 4:21:34 pm

Is it possible that the RED layer you are importing the movie file into has an improper setting? (i.e. transparency or scale set to 0, etc.) Have you tried making a new layer and importing the movie file into that layer?

I have had similar issues with RED, and had to save the project, close it, and then relaunch it to get it working properly. Don't know why, just know that it worked.

Good luck!

Mark

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
on Sep 1, 2005 at 6:03:16 am

Hi Mark

yes, tried new layers, tried to export media 100 files in different codecs before reimporting them to RED, put in some hours in this issue! I can import anything else, no problem, just not movies. And the funny thing is that it works in media 100i on my G4, just not inside HD or in Boris RED stand alone mode on the G5. Reinstalled RED 3.0.2, did not help either.

Thanks

Felix

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on Sep 1, 2005 at 3:08:44 pm

Felix,

I have not been able to duplicate your problem (good for me, not so good for you), but I typically get into Boris directly from M100i, either as a transition or from a graphics layer. I'll expose my ignorance of HD here, but is RED your graphics plug-in for M100HD? If so, can you open your RED project settings from a M100 graphics track to see if it will communicate better?

This may also be something to post over in the BorisFX forum to see if better minds than mine (not tough to find) can give you more advice.

Good luck!

Mark

Return to posts index

Felix Halter
on Sep 1, 2005 at 3:43:39 pm

Mark,

Yes, I normally open Boris directly from the graphics tract and it works fine for everything else. I just tried Boris stand alone to see if there would be a difference. I tried a few more codecs today and finally found one which works: Export a clip from media 100 HD and use "none" as compression codec and then I'm able to import that movie into Boris. I'ts a workaround at least! Most other codecs don't work with my setup.

Thanks for trying to help.

Felix

Return to posts index

Mark Frazier
on Sep 1, 2005 at 8:54:56 pm

Felix,

Thanks for sharing what finally made it work. Some day I'll have HD and won't have to fight this same battle!

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]