MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

can't export audio, get blank error window, then crash

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nealcan't export audio, get blank error window, then crash
by on Aug 29, 2005 at 3:26:43 pm

I digitized a one hr program in four pieces to make a DVD. When I try to export from edit suite I get an empty error box shortly after the audio portion of the export. If I press enter and close the box it either crashes or continues with the export but the result is a buzz for audio part way into the program. I tried both as ref and self contained with same result. I tried ranges of ten min or so and always the same. I upgraded to 10.3 from 10.2 and reinstalled m100 with no change. An older program on different drives exports fine but is only 5 min in length. I have looped the program for continuous playback and it plays fine many times through.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Neal

dual 800 quicksilver, xr, sdi, dv, atto ul3d, 1gig ram, OS 10.3.9, QT 6.4

Return to posts index

FlohRe: can't export audio, get blank error window, then crash
by on Aug 29, 2005 at 3:34:05 pm

Are you using V8.2.2? This sounds like a bug with V8.1 and OSX 10.3, where exporting audio crashed the application.
For a quick workaround, download Media 100 sw, make a copy of your timeline(program) and export from there. This should work without a problem.

Return to posts index

nealRe: can't export audio, get blank error window, then crash
by on Aug 29, 2005 at 3:44:59 pm

I'm on 8.2.2 I have just talked with M100 and they know of this problem but don't currently know what is causing it. They suggest putting the audio on a non scsi drive as this has worked for others. I have never had this problem before and can't figure out what could have changed. Has anyone else experienced this? I will try there solution and report back.

thanks,

Neal

Return to posts index

nealRe: can't export audio, get blank error window, then crash
by on Aug 29, 2005 at 8:57:29 pm

Moved the audio files to the internal drive and now I can export. This saves my day but is this really the only solution? Anyone else having a problem like this?

thanks,
Neal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]