MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Audio recommendations

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MosaediAudio recommendations
by on Aug 4, 2005 at 4:21:58 pm

I'm looking for a good solution to start doing some surround mixing on my machine. ive got several media 100 machines, and one HD system. i thought i could at least do some mixing on the HD system, having 8 audio outputs, but i cant individually assign anything to any one specific channel. (kind of a waste of hardware, if you ask me. hopefully there will be more software support SOON!)

I decided to start shopping for some external audio interfaces. one product that i found i really liked was the MOTU 828MKII. it has firewire connectivity, which is eliminates need for pci cards, and SMPTE interface control for video decks. it also has 8 channel in and 8 channel out, and a bunch of other cool options. my real question is how i can create an efficient workflow with this. i know that it supports mac and i can use logic 7, or maybe protools?

the project involves a creating a circular whooshing effect during a video. im stuck at where to go from there. i do want to be able to preview the audio with my video if i can. should i buy the omf option for media 100? if i do, then what happens from there? do i export omf from media 100, then go into, say pro tools with a reference video and mix my sound there, then re-export back to media 100, get a betacam deck, master channels A1 and A2 , in media 100, then mute A1 and A2, unmute A3 and A4, and insert edit back in the other two? or do i master the video first, then master out of pro-tools.

i obviously have very little knowledge in the audio department and was hoping to convey my challenge and get some feedback how to go forward. i do know that my final product does need to be on a 4-channel betacam tape. thanks all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved