MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Magma Expansion Chassis

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmy mac
Magma Expansion Chassis
on Aug 1, 2005 at 12:19:49 am

I am currently using OS 9.2 with M100 7.5. My external drives have just died. I would like to move M100 to my G5 dual 2 Ghz and simply retire the G4. I have the 8.2 upgrade and would like to intall that into the G5. I know that I need to purchase the expansion chassis, but would like to know of other's experience with it. My G5 has PCI-X slots...does the chassis fit this? I have looked at the M100 SW version, but I like the old interface better, and I do not have the time to wait for the SW to be released with FW input. I need a working system ASAP. Thank you for any input and advice!

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Magma Expansion Chassis
by
on Aug 1, 2005 at 7:34:26 am

[jimmy mac] "I know that I need to purchase the expansion chassis, but would like to know of other's experience with it. My G5 has PCI-X slots...does the chassis fit this? I "

You need the expansion chassis because the P6000 board does not fit into a PCI-X slot. The expansion chassis cards do fit in there. The Dual2GHz is tested by Media 100 for use with expansion chassis and V8.2.2. Look at the CPG for more informations.

[jimmy mac] "I have looked at the M100 SW version, but I like the old interface better, ..."

The interface of Media 100 i V8.2.2, Media 100 HD and Media 100 sw are identical, only with additional features included in sw and HD.

Return to posts index

jimmy mac
on Aug 1, 2005 at 1:03:54 pm

Thank you Flo....I did not know the interface of 8.2.2 and SW were the same as I have not upgraded from 7.5 yet, but I do like the simplicity and ease of the old 7.5. I need to get up and running this week and just don't have the time to wait for SW with firewire release, plus I do like having the BOB, which I'm assuming will not work with the software release. I also have Tiger in the G5 and am hoping it is okay with the chassis and 8.2.2. I am going to hold off ordering it for a few days hoping to hear how it is working from others. Again, thank you.

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Aug 1, 2005 at 1:13:54 pm

I have seen the Expansion Chassis on ebay for a better price than new.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 1, 2005 at 1:25:49 pm

V8.2.2 works nicely for us with G5s and chassis. We haven

Return to posts index

jimmy mac
Re: Thank you
on Aug 2, 2005 at 1:49:57 pm

Thank you all for your input....it is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]