MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Is there a way to Relink Offline files?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DaveIs there a way to Relink Offline files?
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 4:59:15 pm

I recently did a backup of a hard drive, an exact duplicate, but when I open a Media 100 project [on the exact duplicate backup drive] I have files that show up in the Project Manager window as "offline" [files that show up on the original drive]. Does anyone know of a way to relink files that show up in the Project Manager window as "offline?"

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Is there a way to Relink Offline files?
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 5:10:15 pm

Are you speaking about timeline and bin files in your Project window? If yes, simply delete them from the project window and re-open them from where they are. There is no magic in the project, but probably they don

Return to posts index

Mike WeberRe: Is there a way to Relink Offline files?
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 5:22:09 pm

I've found this to be an irritation myself for bigger projects. I sometimes move a project between 2 or 3 different M100 systems, and whenever I do, the project file loses its link to the bins & programs. You have to reopen all the bins & programs, and then delete the "offline" files.

For large projects with lots of bins & pgms, I often make sub-folders in the project for organizational purposes, and I wind up having to refile all my bins & pgms when switching systems. It'd be great if M100 could seek out & relink to them automatically (or even manually).

MW

Return to posts index

A Mighty WindRe: Is there a way to Relink Offline files?
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 6:16:45 pm

THANKS, that's what I thought.

Return to posts index

Harley MichailuckRe: Is there a way to Relink Offline files?
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 7:02:13 pm

[Mike Weber] "It'd be great if M100 could seek out & relink to them automatically (or even manually)."

Doesn't it work if you go into Media Locations, delete the old disk path and add a new disk path to the replacement disk? I seem to remember this working quite well. Of course things may have changed in HD... don't have that.

Best,
Harley

Harley Michailuck
Brass Orchid Post fx
Saskatoon, SK Canada

http://www.brassorchid.com

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Is there a way to Relink Offline files?
by on Jul 28, 2005 at 7:38:54 pm

This is working for Media files, not for Bins and Timelines/Programs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]