MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Do I need to clear all projects out before switch over to tiger?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Robbins
Do I need to clear all projects out before switch over to tiger?
on Jul 22, 2005 at 4:31:52 am

I bought Tiger the day od release but have hesitated to upgrade because I have several projects still going and they continue to come. Is it OK to upgrade? Will the previous projects under Panther still run OK? Better safe than sorry.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerome

Return to posts index

matt short
Re: Do I need to clear all projects out before switch over to tiger?
on Jul 22, 2005 at 5:51:52 pm

To quote Floh...
'If you have a running system, do yourself a favor and get a cheap internal or FireWire drive and clone your system drive to that before installing the Update. Then you can get back to a working system if there is a problem with OSX 10.4.'
I personally have had no problems with Tiger. I have two systems so I had a backup of all my projects if there was a problem.

Return to posts index

Jerome Robbins
on Jul 23, 2005 at 4:24:09 am

[matt short] "a cheap internal or FireWire drive and clone your system drive to that before installing the Update."

Exactly what does that mean "clone your system drive"
I have external hardrives that I could save to. I haven't done this before. Could you explain in a bit more detail?

Thanks,
Jerome

Return to posts index

matt short
on Jul 23, 2005 at 5:07:54 pm

That would be copying your entire system drive to another drive so you could always reboot in the configuration you are currently using by selecting it as your start up disc. This was suggested to me by Floh when I made the upgrade. I have 2 systems so, I just backed up all my files onto the other system and installed the upgrade. I haven't had any problems but, its nice to have the back up just in case.

Return to posts index

matt short
on Jul 23, 2005 at 5:20:57 pm

Also, I went from OS9 to Tiger. All my projects worked fine. I've even opened projects created in version 6 of M100 and everything worked smoothly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]