MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Exporting Media100i v.8.2.1 programs out to DVD Studio Pro 4

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GSW videoExporting Media100i v.8.2.1 programs out to DVD Studio Pro 4
by on Jul 19, 2005 at 5:01:32 pm

hey guys,
this is my first post. i just upgraded my whole system from media100i v7.5 to Media100i v. 8.2.1 and upgraded to Mac OS 10.4. I'm running on a Mac G4 Dual 867 with 1.5 GB of RAM. We loaded DVD Studio Pro 4 and I've been going through some of the tutorials. My question (in an effort to eliminate trial and error) is what format should I choose to export my Media 100 programs so that they'll be ready for use in authoring DVDs in DVD Studio Pro 4?
Thanks,
BOB

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Exporting Media100i v.8.2.1 programs out to DVD Studio Pro 4
by on Jul 19, 2005 at 6:46:48 pm

Take a look at this document. There more or less everything is explained and still true for DVDSP4. I would suggest installing the software codec to lower rendering times and to avoid problems. Then you don

Return to posts index

GSW videoRe: Exporting Media100i v.8.2.1 programs out to DVD Studio Pro 4
by on Jul 19, 2005 at 7:27:52 pm

thanks for the advice and information! Should I really uninstall the Media100i hardware codec? I'm still using the Vincent board not the P6000 board and don't plan on doing any HD projects. If I install this new codec and don't uninstall the "Media100 Codec.component" will I encounter problems? This stuff makes me nervous because I just got all this new software and Tiger loaded on this G4 and I don't want to run into problems when projects and deadlines come up.
Thanks,
BOB

Return to posts index

FlohRe: Exporting Media100i v.8.2.1 programs out to DVD Studio Pro 4
by on Jul 19, 2005 at 7:49:37 pm

[GSW video] "If I install this new codec and don't uninstall the "Media100 Codec.component" will I encounter problems? This stuff makes me nervous because I just got all this new software and Tiger loaded on this G4 and I don't want to run into problems when projects and deadlines come up"

You should encounter no problems except faster rendering times in AE ;-) Move the codec.component to the desktop and install the software codec (you need to move the codec.component anyway if you want to encode MPEG2 files). If you see problems (you should not) move it back. The software codec is MUCH quicker and MUCH more stable than the hardware codec...

Return to posts index

LimelightWhich codec is used in Media 100 8.2.3?
by on Apr 24, 2006 at 2:18:52 am

I've just upgraded to 8.2.3. Is this version using the new software codec refered to at
http://support.media100.com/KBSearch/KBDocument.aspx?id=379
If so, does that mean that I don't need to install the software codec? Is there a way to test whether a hardware codec or softare codec is in use? Thanks.

Kenny Reff
Limelight Communications, Inc.
http://www.limelight.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]