MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Can't delete media

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence MarshallCan't delete media
by on Jul 12, 2005 at 11:32:04 pm

Two frustrating issues keep showing up with M100 HD:

1. Can't delete a clip with media out of a bin. How often do we digitize a clip and decide either we don't want the clip after all, or we want to digitize it again for whatever reason (maybe start it earlier, etc.). So we select the clip in the bin and select "delete clip and media". Rarely works for me with M100 HD... I always get a prompt that the clip can't be deleted because it's "in use". This happens whether I'm in "acquire" mode or "program" mode... I can toggle to the timeline, back to the edit suite, go into digitize mode, whatever. It won't let me delete the clip and media because it's in use (even if another clip is loaded into the edit suite!) I actually have to *quit the program* and go fishing on the hard drive for the file I no longer want to delete it. Anyone else? (It's just me, right?)

2. Continuing issue with M100 HD arbitrarily switching back to internal sync, even though I'm sending continous black burst to it. So I'm always going up to the menu, patting it on its little head, and saying "no no... you have *external* sync, remember? Stay on *external* sync! Stay there!" But like an errant child it'll eventually trip itself back to internal sync.

Not used to these annoyances with earlier versions of M100, sure am getting tired of 'em...

Dual 2.5 G5, OS X Version 3.9, M100 HD Version 10.1.1, Quicktime 6.5.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved