MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

How do you zoom into a video clip?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome RobbinsHow do you zoom into a video clip?
by on Jul 10, 2005 at 5:30:43 am

I had someone call today with a VHS security tape they wanted to have someone enhance in clarity and zoom in on a frame to identify who had broken into their property. So, I have visions of "Alias" and other TV shows that display all this high tech enhancing of unreadable license plates etc. for crime investigations.

I have Media 100 XR 8.2, Boris RED on Mac OS 10.2.9

Are these functions available in Media 100 or Boris? If not, what kind of programs are used to enhance video?

Thanks for any input, I always want to find out what is possible and with what...

Return to posts index

FlohRe: How do you zoom into a video clip?
by on Jul 10, 2005 at 8:40:56 am

[Jerome Robbins] "So, I have visions of "Alias" and other TV shows that display all this high tech enhancing of unreadable license plates etc. for crime investigations."

Most of this stuff is faked...

Without promising anything to your client I

Return to posts index

RobMRe: How do you zoom into a video clip?
by on Jul 11, 2005 at 1:02:01 am

[Floh] "Most of this stuff is faked..."

A lot of it is faked/sensationalized by television shows and movies (unless you happen to actually work for the CIA...), but there are real forensic video tools available:
http://www.avid.com/products/forensic/index.asp

just not for M100. =(

I don't have any direct experience with them, but Ocean Systems partnered with Avid:
http://www.oceansystems.com/dtective/index.html

if you happen to know anyone in law enforcement who may have access to a system.

As Floh suggested, try exporting a still and manipulating it in Photoshop using Unsharp Mask. You could also take a look at the individual red, green or blue channels in the PS Channels palette to see if any single one of them is a better jumping off point (contrast, etc.) to start manipulating from.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]