MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Upgrade to Media 100 HD?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FarnsworthUpgrade to Media 100 HD?
by on Jul 7, 2005 at 3:09:32 am

I currently have media 100 8.2.1. Can I and if so what will it take (cost) to upgrade to Media 100 HD? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Upgrade to Media 100 HD?
by on Jul 7, 2005 at 1:29:06 pm

Mark, speak with your supplier as one would in the normal course of business! Negotiation on a public forum does not seem to be the wisest course. There was a good promotion for existing users which I believe has just expired here in the UK but you should still be negotiating even in hard hearted America if that is where you are.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Mark FarnsworthRe: Upgrade to Media 100 HD?
by on Jul 7, 2005 at 8:08:22 pm

I was simply wondering if an upgrade from 8.2.2 to Media 100 HD was available without having to pay full price to purchase the entire Media 100 HD system, since my current system works just fine. It was 9pm and the offices of media 100 were closed so I thought I'd go this route to get my answer but am sorry I did. I wasn't expecting a rude German response but I got it and now I know how you are. Way to go Mike, thanks a lot. I've been a regular visitor to the Creative Cow forum for several years and will continue to be because I will always strive to be as knowledgable as I can with my craft. I guess I'll have to be a little more careful with the way I word my post in knowing there are people like you out there who will take things out of context. All this from my first ever post...whew.

Return to posts index

SoftHarborRe: Upgrade to Media 100 HD?
by on Jul 8, 2005 at 3:43:21 pm

Your "first ever post" to the forum was fine, but you didn't do such a good job on the second. Where did "rude German response" come from? He said he was in the UK. Even if I were to stipulate that his response was uncalled for (which I won't, but I can see where you might have been slightly ruffled by it) you owe an apology to an entire country.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2005 at 4:52:09 pm

Mark I certainly did not intend to be rude and I am sorry if any offence was caused by my reply.
What I was trying to convey was that pricing is a moving feast in this world of ours and I suggested that your re seller (supplier) was the best person to consult, not necessarily Media 100 themselves and certainly not us, your fellow sufferers.
There have been promotions with regard to upgrading to version 10 HD for current Media 100 users and you should not have to purchase from scratch as if you were a new customer.

Return to posts index

JennyRe: Upgrade to Media 100 HD?
by on Jul 11, 2005 at 5:31:20 am

My retailer offered me $1000 discount for upgrading to HD. I am waiting until they have a way to edit DV with it. I have M100ixr w/ vers 7.3. I don't know if that matters.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2005 at 11:23:18 am

Jenny, that sounds about right but be careful of expiry dates on the 'offer'. I believe a modification is coming for firewire enabling DV to be digitized but I am going the whole way by going in via Convergent Design which seems to provide everything and conversion of HDV to HD if required.

Return to posts index

Andy StintonRe: Upgrade to Media 100 HD?
by on Jul 11, 2005 at 9:46:00 pm

Mark the answer you got was simply

Return to posts index

sformbyRe: Upgrade to Media 100 HD?
by on Aug 2, 2005 at 4:17:15 am

Michael, which Convergent Design product are you using, coupled with which version of Media 100?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]