MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Mac OS upgrade and stability

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Joyce
Mac OS upgrade and stability
on Jul 2, 2005 at 4:59:24 pm

I am running a Media 100 8.2.2 XR system on a MacG4 1.4DP under OS 10.3.4 and it is very stable. How high can I safely go OS 10.3.7? ?



Return to posts index

Ted Joyce
Easiest Dual Boot approach
on Jul 2, 2005 at 6:16:24 pm

After belatedly reading posts below it appears I need to have a dual boot capablility.

Can I just install the latest Mac OS on a large external firewire drive, install Final Cut Express HD on it and designate that my boot drive? Would this work and still leave my M100 system as is?

I don't want to have to repartition my internal boot drive into two partitions and install everything again into both just to experiment with HDV and Final Cut Express HD. I understand that my SCSI card & Drive arrays might not work properly with this arrangement but if I booted with them turned off might I expect success?



Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Easiest Dual Boot approach
by
on Jul 4, 2005 at 12:34:07 pm

[Ted Joyce] "Can I just install the latest Mac OS on a large external firewire drive, install Final Cut Express HD on it and designate that my boot drive? Would this work and still leave my M100 system as is? "

Yes, no problem with that.


[Ted Joyce] "understand that my SCSI card & Drive arrays might not work properly with this arrangement but if I booted with them turned off might I expect success?"

There should be no problems with that. But I would install at least the latest drivers for your SCSI card (even if you leave the drives turned off), since you don


Return to posts index


Kieran Matthew
Re: Mac OS upgrade and stability
on Jul 3, 2005 at 1:26:36 pm

I am running Media 100 8.2.2 XS on a G4 1.4DP under 10.3.9 and have had no problems whatsoever (OS-wise anyway). Personally, I have always upgraded the OS as soon as it comes from apple and, again, have never had problems - though I always wait until the current project I'm doing finishes before doing so.

Many people on the list have already moved to Tiger and report no problems either.

Hope this helps!


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]