MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

BitVice question

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg
BitVice question
by
on Jul 1, 2005 at 10:04:10 pm

I've seen many posts suggesting the BitVice is the way to go to create DVD's from M100 to DVD SP. Do you think that BitVice Lite would be sufficient? Or do I need the full version? I just wnat to be able to take programs from m100 and create high quality DVD's with chapters . Any thoughts? Pros and cons? Thanks

Return to posts index

Kieran Matthew
Re: BitVice question
on Jul 4, 2005 at 11:15:22 am

Hi, I have the full version and find it the easiest (and usually best) way to create MPEG2 for DVDSP from Media 100 materials. It's only part of the answer as I still get better results from Compressor on some material, but that does mean tedious adjustment of levels in m100 and hours of exporting, plus gamma correction, to achieve what hitting "Studio RGB" does in BV.

As for the Lite version, from a quick scan of the feature set on innobits web site, It is only really the lack of CBR that would hamper you in making basic DVDs. I don't use CBR, and in fact have not had call to use many of the enhanced features mentioned yet, so maybe lite will be OK for you.

One word of warning though, from my experience and despite what innobits say, having "DV luma" checked seems to mess up the gamma just like compressor does. I always leave it unchecked.

Hope this info helps.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: BitVice question
by
on Jul 4, 2005 at 12:44:17 pm

[Kieran Matthew] "As for the Lite version, from a quick scan of the feature set on innobits web site, It is only really the lack of CBR that would hamper you in making basic DVDs."

One nice new feature BitVice Pro has is the ability to use Media 100 i/HD chapter marks. You can create your chapter marks in the timeline, export them with the QuickTime ref export and they will be transcoded by BitVice to DVDSP. This does not work with the Lite version as you can see here. Otherwise BitVice Lite will be perfect for encoding from Media 100 i or HD (check the StudioRGB checkbox!!!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]