MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

letterbox w/ digital juice

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregletterbox w/ digital juice
by on Jun 29, 2005 at 8:15:51 pm

I have a background from digital juice, and I'd like to use it as a letterbox on top and bottom for sme soundbites. I'd prefer to use this in the graphics track to I can ad a logo with text on top and also lower third titles for several talking heads. I have boris FX and graffiti along with Dijital Juice. The background is animated. Thus the top and bottom letterbox will be animated. How would I set this up? Can you also give me an idea as to thw size of the top and bottom? I'm editing on m100i 8.2.1 Thanks.

Greg

Return to posts index

FlohRe: letterbox w/ digital juice
by on Jun 29, 2005 at 8:30:43 pm

Depending on how long your shot is and how much changes you think you have to do on this it probably would be easier/faster to do that in Media 100 sw (you can download a beta for free) and export it from there back to Media 100 i.
In Media 100 i and Media 100 HD/sw the best thing would be to create your letterbox mask as an alpha channel on your digital juice background. Put that on G1 over the edited background. Now here

Return to posts index

GregRe: letterbox w/ digital juice
by on Jun 30, 2005 at 12:18:20 pm

Thanks Floh. I only have OSX 10.2.8 on my Mac so I can't use media100SW. Can you tell me how to create a letterbox mask as an alpha channel using my digital juice background. Thanks.

By the way, I've been afraid to install Panther on my system, because it works flawlessly. I fear I'll have to reinstall everything, and risk losing drivers for my scsi drives etc. Is that a realistic fear? Or would it be totally seamless?

Return to posts index

FlohRe: letterbox w/ digital juice
by on Jun 30, 2005 at 1:00:00 pm

[Greg] "Can you tell me how to create a letterbox mask as an alpha channel using my digital juice background"

I don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]