MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 crashes when I try to open a project

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Robbins
Media 100 crashes when I try to open a project
on Jun 25, 2005 at 12:32:23 am

G-4 dual 1.4 g OS 10.3.9 Media 100i XR 8.2.2

I was working away on a photomontage, everything is going along normally. Then, when I tried to scroll down the bin window where all the photos are the rainbow ball starts spinning. It crashes and all the windows shut.

After several times, I tried re-sizing the bin window so I wouldn't have to scroll down it. It crashed again. But, now when I try to open the project, it gets to the bin window and just crashes out and shuts all the other windows.

Nothing will stay open to look at anything. I tried several other projects and they are all fine. It is just this one project. It won't open. I don't want to do it all over again.

Please, does anyone have advice on what I can try.

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Media 100 crashes when I try to open a project
by
on Jun 25, 2005 at 8:34:10 am

Most likely one of your media files is damaged. In the Finder go to your Media locations folder, and while being in Column view (Command-3) select the video clips. Usually they will give you a quicktime playback in the Finder; most likely one of your clips will not give you an icon; this one is damaged. Delete it and recapture or reimport it. And it will probably not hurt to check your Media drive with something like DiskDoctor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]